Created 27-Jul-12
Modified 27-Jul-12
Visitors 90
29 photos
The Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway is a 3 1/2 mile long railway to the south of Lake Windermere in the Lake District. It was originally a 7 mile long railway connecting with the line to Barrow in Furness at Ulverston. The railway closed in 1965 and re opened as a preserved railway in 1973. It had to be shortened as a road was built over the track bed in part.

The line has some interesting Locomotives including the only 2 remaining Fairburn 2-6-4's in preservation, 2 Bagnal 0-6-0T's and a Barclay's 0-6-0T and an 0-4-0T. A class 20, 26, 2 class 03's an LMS Class 11 and a Class 110 DMU make up the Diesel Fleet.

Categories & Keywords
Category:Transportation
Subcategory:Trains
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:

Mark 1 interior at HaverthwaiteD2111 at Haverthwaite2682 'Princess' at Haverthwaite2682 'Princess' at Haverthwaite2682 'Princess' at LakesideClass 110 at HaverthwaiteAD701 and 1245 at HaverthwaiteD2111 at HaverthwaiteHaverthwaite StationD2111 at Haverthwaite2682 'Princess' at Haverthwaite2682 at Haverthwaite2682 at Haverthwaite42073 at Haverthwaite2996 'Victor' at HaverthwaiteMilk Tanker at HaverthwaiteD2111 at Haverthwaite42085 at Haverthwaite1245 at HaverthwaiteAD701 at Haverthwaite