It was Carmine and Cream day as 3 of the 7 remaining servicable Class 314's saw use on Saturday 24th August, all of them in SPT Carmine and Cream livery.
Only 3 diagrams are operated by 314's on a Saturday, 2 on Paisley Canal services and one entering service at 15.20 and working the xx.20 workings to Newton via Queens Park for the remainder of the day.
- 314205 worked on the xx.12 departures from Glasgow Central to Paisley canal
- 314210 worked on the xx.42 departures from Glasgow Central to Paisley canal
- 314216 worked the xx.20 departures from Glasgow Central to Newton via Queens Park from 15.20 onwards.
I had a run out to Paisley Canal and back on 314210 in the morning and noted the following:
- 314203 was stabled at the east end of shields with its pantograph down, this could potentially mean that 314203 has been withdrawn.
- 314202 was parked next to 314203 but had its pantograph up. 202's pantograph looked new.
- 314216, 209 and 214 were stabled at Corkerhill. 314209 and 314214 were coupled together, 216 would later enter service.
The photo shows 314205, waiting under the stunning glazed roof of Glasgow Central before departing with 2D37 15.12 service to Paisley Canal.